Terms & Conditions
British Chesterfield Sofasand its affiliates provide their services to you subject to the following conditions. If you visit or shop at British Chesterfield Sofas, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully. In addition, when you use any current or future British Chesterfield Sofasservice, visit or purchase from any business affiliated with us, whether or not included in the British Chesterfield SofasWebsite, you also will be subject to the guidelines and conditions applicable to such service or business. Additional terms and conditions apply to sales made through our Internet/Website, as set out below in Clause 9
These pages are designed to assist you with your purchase
The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 and The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
Data Protection Act 1998 and Privacy
1. Product Specifications
- 1.1 We have a policy of continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specification and price of products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
- 1.2 Goods supplied may differ as a consequence from those on display or advertised. Unless agreed with you, the goods supplied will be of equivalent value, functionality and appearance. Any significant variations will be highlighted on the display model.
- 1.3 Some furniture is made from quality natural wood. Some woods will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight.
- 1.4 Leather goods are made from quality natural leather and accordingly they may not be uniform in colour or texture. Only the finest hides are selected but they will show natural marks and scars on the hide. Some leathers will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight and heat.
- 1.5 We will endeavour to match the colour and texture of the fabric of your sofa to the samples chosen as accurately as possible, but variations in both the colour and texture may occur.
- 1.6 Some self-assembly may be required on certain products.
- 2.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that the furniture ordered will pass freely through into your room of choice. Our responsibility ends when the furniture reaches the kerbside; however our delivery team will endeavor to assist in taking the furniture to the room of your choice at the owners risk.
- 2.2 Please note that the delivery charge includes no allowance for the removal of doors, windows or other fixtures unless specifically stated on your order form.
- 2.3 Measurements supplied by customers for bespoke sofas are done so at their own risk. We will try our best to manufacture to your measurements; however in the best interest of bespoke sofas we may be required to alter the measurements slightly. British Chesterfield SofasLtd can hold no responsibility for errors made by customers.
- 3.1 All prices are charged in £ sterling inclusive of VAT (at the prevailing rate) and inclusive of packaging (exceptions apply). Prices may be subject to change without notice, but we will only alter the price after we have confirmed your order. If you have seen the price advertised in € / $ / or any other currency, all payments will still be processed in UK pounds, you may be charged a commission by your credit or debit card company for currency conversion. In the event of any refunds due these will be conducted in the same manner and we will not be liable for any fluctuation other than GBP.
- 4.1 In the case of most goods, a minimum non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total amount payable is required to be paid on all bespoke orders placed. Some goods will require payment in full at the time of purchase.
- 4.2 We will contact you as soon as possible to advise you of your estimated delivery date and at this time the balance of any monies due will be payable. Please see clauses 5.1 and 5.2 for details. Only once we have received the balance of any monies due in cleared funds, will we be able to confirm your actual delivery date.
- 5.1 For purchases from our Collection, we will contact you to arrange a delivery date when the furniture has been received into our warehouse. We must be able to deliver the furniture into your home within 14 days thereafter. If we are unable to do so due to your default, we will make a charge for storing the furniture beyond this point, which is payable in advance. We will advise you of this charge at the relevant time. After the expiry of 2 months your order shall be cancelled and we shall return the balance of the monies due to you, less the non-refundable deposit and any storage charges payable.
- 5.2 We will deliver your goods on weekdays to any UK mainland address to your door, any deliveries inside the property is at the discretion of the delivery driver and we will not be liable for any consequent damage. Standard delivery is a one man delivery.
- 5.3 Any changes made by you to the content of your order will impact on your delivery date.
- 5.4 If you are unable, for whatever reason, to take delivery of your goods on the confirmed delivery date, we reserve the right to charge you further for any subsequent deliveries.
- 5.5 You are responsible for providing a safe and reasonable means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If our delivery staff considers that access is unsafe, then we will not deliver the goods until safe access is provided. You are obliged to provide any required parking permits in advance.
- 5.6 If we are unable to deliver the goods due to there being no safe or reasonable means of access to the place of delivery, we shall be entitled to cancel your order and refund your payments less your non-refundable deposit (30%) and delivery charges.
- 5.7 If we accidentally damage goods in the course of delivery, then our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, refund or replacement of the goods or the value thereof.
- 5.8 Time of delivery is not of the essence in these Terms and Conditions of Trading. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or other financial loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable delay or delay due to unforeseen circumstances outside of the reasonable control of British Chesterfield SofasLtd or delay due to any reasonable rescheduling of delivery.
- 5.9 Deliveries that are not through a door at ground floor level and/or which involve the use of winches or similar equipment or are through windows or across terraces will incur additional charges to be agreed before delivery.
- 5.10 All 'Mainland UK Delivery' paid by customers is for a standard delivery, this will be determined by British Chesterfield SofasLtd. If you require a specific date or time additional charges will apply and will be agreed before delivery.
- 5.11 For all 'International Orders' we will not be held responsible for any damages that may occur during transit if you have not requested Transit Insurance. It is your responsibility to check for damages before signing the Proof of Delivery.
- 5.12 Delivery to the following postcode areas may attract a slightly longer delivery lead-time: IV, AB, KY, DD, PH, PA, TR, EX, PL, TQ, DT, BH, SO, PO, BN, CT, GU, RH, TA.
6. Returns and Refunds
- Most furniture, which is made or altered, is done so specifically for you (including Chesterfield Sofas, Fabric Sofas, Italian Leather Sofas and Tub Chairs). Products that are made specially custom made for you, it may not be cancelled by you, either before or after delivery. For all other furniture orders you have the right to cancel the order before delivery or 7 working days after delivery (starting the day after the day of delivery). All furniture that is not made specifically for you is eligible for a 7 day cooling off period. All refunds will be paid within 30 days of the cancellation. If you cancel the order after delivery for any other reason than that the goods are faulty or don't comply with your order returns must be paid for by the buyer to our registered address. British Chesterfield SofasLtd may ask for you to return the furniture.
- 7.1 The provisions of this clause 7 apply in addition to your statutory consumer rights in relation to faulty or miss-described goods. These rights are not affected by the guarantee.
- 7.2 For the purpose of this clause 7 the guarantor is British Chesterfield SofasLtd, registered address: Chesterfield House, Forrest Street, Blackburn, BB1 3BB.
- 7.3 The majority of our furniture carry a 1-year warranty against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials, with the exception of fillings and coverings. For all other furniture, the same guarantee is offered, but the guarantee is limited with the exception for reclining sofas and chairs, unless otherwise notified to you. All products in store show which guarantee is applicable.
- 7.4 Guarantees may not be transferred.
- 7.5 These guarantees do not cover fair wear and tear, neglect, abuse or misuse of your goods, loss or damage (including rusting and corrosion) due to unreasonable exposure to water, heat or weather; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, sunlight, infestation by animals or insects, or theft, or accidental damage or loss caused by a third party.
8. Claims Under Guarantee
- 8.1 In the event of a claim under guarantee occurring, please contact us, with the following information: - your sales invoice number, your address and contact details and a summary of the problem.
- 8.2 We will endeavour to repair the defective goods free of charge. If a repair is not possible you will be offered a replacement and only if a suitable replacement is not available will you be offered a refund.
- 8.3 We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or other financial loss or damage arising out of defective, damaged or wrongly delivered goods, over and above the value of the goods themselves. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- 8.4 Our guarantees and warranties are limited to goods sold and retained in the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland), and used solely for private and domestic purposes.The following Terms and Conditions in this clause 9, apply only to purchases made through our British Chesterfield SofasTele-Sales Team and Internet/Web https://www.chesterfieldsofas.co.uk/ and will not apply to purchases made through our Store.
- 9.1 All of our furniture from the Chesterfield Sofa, Fabric Sofa and Tub Chair Ranges are made to your exact specification and therefore cannot be cancelled once we have accepted your order.
- 9.1.2 A minimum of 30% non-refundable deposit is required on bespoke orders for us to accept your order.
- 9.2 In respect of all other purchases you have the right to cancel up to 7 days after the delivery date. Please note all items must be returned in their original packaging (Including Bubble Wrap). Items which are not returned in their original packaging (Without Bubble Wrap), or have been assembled will not be collected and a charge of £25.00 may be levied to cover for costs of failed collection. Delivery charges are non-refundable unless the goods have been damaged by our courier.
- 9.2.1 Initial delivery charges will not be refunded with the exception of item(s) returned due to damage or a fault. A second delivery charge will be applied for the collection of the goods.
- 9.3 Should you require a refund or have any other query or complaint, please contact our British Chesterfield Sofas Team on 01254 268590.
- 9.4 Our Head Office is at British Chesterfield SofasLtd, Chesterfield House, Forrest Street, Blackburn, BB1 3BB. Registered in England 10004192. VAT No 245104734.
- 9.5 The following clauses apply to our Internet site and Web/Internet Sales.
- 9.5.1 Our website has been designed for your convenience and if you have any comments, questions or queries, please contact us on email@example.com .
- 9.5.2 We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colour of products as they appear on the website. However we cannot guarantee that your monitor will accurately reflect the colour of the product delivered.
- 9.5.2 Some product displayed on our website will be for online purchases and promotions only and are not transferable to sales of our products through our store.
- 9.5.3 The contract shall not be concluded until we have received your valid credit card charge or debit card payment details and we have accepted the order by way of a confirmation by return e-mail to the address that you have given during the registering procedure and upon ordering.
- 9.5.4 Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our website however some prices/details may change from time to time and it is possible that errors may occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors as swiftly as possible but we cannot be held responsible for any losses incurred.
- 9.5.5 We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
- 9.5.6 To the maximum extent permissible by law, we exclude all warranties, expressed or implied as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on the website. We cannot accept any liability for any particular material on the website or as a result of any use or reliance placed upon information contained on the website.
- 9.5.7 Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website is done so at your discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer systems or loss of data that results from the download of such materials.
- 9.5.8 We control and operate the website from our offices in England. Accordingly the laws of England and Wales govern claims relating to, and including the use of the website and the materials contained therein. If you choose to access our website from outside England and Wales you do so on your own initiative and you hereby agree that in the event of any dispute between British Chesterfield Sofas and you the laws of England and Wales will apply at all times.
- 9.5.9 The furniture you order is made specifically for you in the UK. Once successfully delivered and signed for, the furniture may not be returned nor will we provide any refund unless it is defective or has been accidentally damaged by us in the course of delivery.
- 9.5.10 The above do not affect your statutory rights.
- 9.6 The following clauses regarding Delivery apply to our Tele Sales and Internet site and web orders only.
- 9.6.1 We will contact you to arrange a delivery date as soon as we have manufactured/received the product.
- 9.6.2 We charge a minimum of £99 for the following postcodes:- CA, DL, LA, LD, LL23-27, LL35-78, SA19-73, SY18-20, SY23-25, TS and we can deliver to the following postcodes by quotation:- GY, HS, IM, IV14-29, IV37-63, JE, KA28, KW, PA20-PA24, PA34, PA36-78, PH17-50, ZE.
- 9.6.3 Standard Delivery is a one-man service.
- 9.6.4 Standard Delivery is a weekday delivery to any mainland UK address that is accessible by one of our standard delivery vehicles (weight 10t max gross, dimensions 26' long, 9' wide and13'6' high).
- 9.6.5 Non-standard deliveries by quotation - please email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 9.6.6 Access. It is your responsibility to ensure that the furniture ordered will pass freely through into your room of choice. Our standard delivery charges include no allowance for removal of doors, windows or other fixtures.
10. Clearance Range
The following Terms and Conditions apply only to purchases from our Clearance Range. In the event of conflict, these Terms and Conditions set out in this clause 9 prevail.
- 10.1 Payment must be made in full at the time of the purchase.
- 10.2 Purchases will be delivered within 21 days from the date of purchase. You will be notified of the delivery date as soon as possible after the time of purchase. You may with the consent of the store arrange for collection of the goods yourself.
- 10.3 You should thoroughly inspect the furniture prior to purchase. No refunds will be given, unless the goods are faulty. The goods will still be subject to the terms of our standard guarantee, but the length of the guarantee set out in clause 7.3 is reduced to 1 year for all purchases from our Clearance Range, unless otherwise advised. This does not affect your statutory rights
11. Applicable Law
These Terms and Conditions of Trading are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.